All participants MUST provide the following information to EFAC by July 30:
Emergency contact (name/relationship/phone number)
Food/medical allergies or restrictions
Passport number (required for air transport and in case of emergency)
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 EFAC Graduation Trip Participants
We’re happy that you’ll be joining us on our annual EFAC graduation trip to Kenya, September 26th to October 6th, 2019. Please note that travelers should depart the US on September 25. Click here for a draft itinerary. Safari participants, click here for a suggested packing list.
While you’ll still receive emails from us with important deadlines and information, this private web page offers a central location for ALL trip information. Please bookmark it, as it can’t be accessed directly from our website, and refer to it as needed to make sure you’re current on all the Grad Trip information!
Visas are required to enter Kenya. We recommend that you apply online at http://evisa.go.ke/single-entry-visa.html approximately 2-3 months in advance; online applications are usually confirmed within a week, but we may need your visa information prior to September. Please add this to your calendar! (Single-entry visas must be used within 6 months of issue.)
Before starting the eVisa application, gather the following:
1. Have your passport handy, as you’ll need to provide the number & date of issue/expiration
2. Additional electronic documents (confirmed flights or your travel itinerary)
3. A digital photo of 500px x 500px max (you can use a scanned passport photo or a “selfie” for this, just make sure size is correct), which you will need to upload to application form.
4. A scanned copy or photo of the biodata page on your passport
5. You will be asked for where you are staying during your visit: Fairview Hotel, Bishops Road, Nairobi
Phone: +254 20 288 1000
6. A credit card for online payment (Visa or MasterCard Credit or Debit card). Amex not accepted
7. Bring a printed copy of your visa with you. To print a copy, log into https://accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/ and select Department of Immigration Services and then click on View. A new page will appear, in the upper right is a Download button. Click on download (single entry) and click on Print Service on bottom of new page that appears. You will be prompted to save the PDF on your computer. After you save it, remember to print a copy.
We recommend booking your flights as soon as you’re sure of your travel plans. There are several airlines with connecting flights to Nairobi: British Airways, Lufthansa, SwissAir, Delta, KLM, and Emirates. Kenya Air has direct flights from JFK to Nairobi.
Please email your flight information to Blair Demers email@example.com as soon as you have booked it, as we will need to make arrangements for transportation between Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and the hotel in Nairobi. We will also let you know if others on the trip are travelling on the same flight(s) that you are.
Health & Safety
The following info is required by the safari company in advance of the trip. Please send to me by May 1st:
1. A list of your specific dietary requirements, medical conditions and/or allergies
2. A US emergency contact for each traveler or couple (name/phone/relationship)
Visit the CDC website at https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/kenya for current medical requirements for travel to Kenya. Check with your physician or insurance company for recommended travel doctors and allow enough time before the trip to schedule your visit.
Additional information, such as the itinerary/schedule, suggested items to pack, and the “dress code,” will be shared as we get closer to the trip.
If you have any questions, please contact Blair Demers at firstname.lastname@example.org.